2007-04-20

Ubuntu Linux News

LinuxCouple of articles on my new favorite Linux distro. On Thursday April 19 Slashdot noted, "Ubuntu Feisty Fawn Released":
Lots of readers told us about the official release of Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn (screenshots here for Ubuntu and Kubuntu). Some readers report that the distribution servers are being hammered. Here is a review of Feisty Fawn. Reader LinuxScribe sends us to LinuxPlanet for the story on a pleasant Java surprise in the release.
I upgraded my work machine today, was completely painless. And, as I already had Ubuntu's Multiverse repository enabled in my sources file, I got the Sun J2EE stuff too. I'll have to poke around some more and see what else has changed.

And, if you're wondering just how much Dell is really into Linux, "Michael Dell Using Ubuntu Linux At Home":
whoever57 sends us a link from the Dell site noting that Michael Dell is using Ubuntu Linux at home (7.04, Feisty Fawn) on a Precision M90 laptop loaded with Openoffice.org and Evolution. If one were betting on which distro Dell will eventually ship pre-installed, this factoid might be food for thought. Oh, and Micheal Dell's gaming system uses XP Media Center edition.
As noteworthy as that is, I'm still left drooling over the pair of 30" Widescreen UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitors he uses at work... Mmmmm...

No comments: