2005-10-26

Flyin' High

I am posting this blog from 32,000 feet above the Irish Sea. How freaking cool is THAT?????

Currently 7 hours from Washington DC. We've flown over Germany, Luxembourg, the Netherlands... all places I've visited long ago when I used to live in Europe...

What's that, how am I posting this? No, not some delayed post, but comin' at you LIVE from an Airbus A330, with the new extended travel business class. Wireless service via satellite hookup, with a first-time-user discount it's costing $20 for the whole flight. This, my friends, is the only way to fly! And, to top it off, I have no-one sitting next to me, so I can stretch even more. Not that you really need to in these seats, they fully recline horizontally to a whole 2 meters! Built in chair massage, reading light, video console with movies on demand (I'm going to finally watch Hitchhiker's Guide and City of God after lunch)...

Looks like we're currently over Ireland, passed directly over Dublin in fact. 3302 miles to go, flying 485mph at 32,000 feet. Wow. Funny thing is, I've been traveling from Bangalore for fourteen and a half hours now, and yet by East Coast time I only left five hours ago. Very odd.... LOL

So, I'm going to relax and enjoy my lunch here in a bit, watch some movies. I'll see if I can't catch up on email first. Should touch down 1:40pm EST.

Oh, should I mention the luncheon menu? Started off with the Italian Ham platter (Parma, Coppa, Melon and shaved Parmesan) with some rolls and a salad. For the entree I think I'll go with the Fiorelli Pasta with Ricotta sauce and veggies, then the Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit Puree for dessert.

I tell ya, I don't think I could fly economy again, after being on this side of the glass...

Cheers!


No comments: