2006-08-10

Boston Vacation, Day Four: Plymouth

So the plan was to get down to Plymouth and see stuff around there. Welllll.... First we stopped off at the USS Constitution, "Old Ironsides" - that was a very cool tour, pretty sure I've done it before but I didn't remember much and it was all new for the girls. Then we headed to the downtown Boston market to get some knick-knacks. Paid freaking $30 for under two hours... I tell ya, I'm in the wrong business... Anyways, by the time we made it to the hotel, we were beat. It's a much nicer hotel, actual pool there and nicer beds. Brand new in fact, only opened three months ago! So we instead got over to the Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse which ended up being a fun place to eat. The waitress gave us directions, and we popped by Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower just to say we were there.

Side note: When I retire, I want to do so in Plymouth. I didn't think I could fall so completely in love with a little New England coastal town like that, but I did. OK, enough said there.

Got back to the hotel, took a swim (and a niiiice soak in the hottub) and got to bed.

And so ends day four. Spiffy, eh? Actually quite relaxing. No pics yet, we haven't downloaded the camera flash card, as you can tell we got kinda lazy towards the end of the day...

Tomorrow: New York! (God help us all...)

No comments: