2007-03-15

Web Albums & Commutes

Read an interesting piece off of the Blogger Buzz, which shows up on my login page when I pop into Blogger.

Blogger and Picasa Web Albums

Ever wanted to see all the photos you've uploaded to your blog in one place? Head over to Picasa Web Albums and now you can! We've been working closely with the Picasa team on this project - all the photos you've uploaded since December will appear in an album there, and we're working on migrating your older photos as well.


That's pretty cool, already my Pics of the Week show up in there. Eventually the rest may too, who knows what other images I've uploaded into Blogger over the years...

--

Yesterday I apparently dodged the metaphorical bullet when I made my usual 4:03 train home, as it was the last one out for quite some time. Here are my automated email updates that I received:

Brunswick Line Delays
03/14/2007 07:46 PM

Brunswick Lines trains are being delayed outside of Rockville Station
due Amtrak train P029 is holding in the station account of a suspicious
package with Police authorities on the scene.

Marc trains 893 and 879 are holding east of Rockville.

Marc 881 is holding in Washington.

Washington Metro is honoring MARC tickets.

03/14/2007 08:28 PM

Brunswick Line train situation has not changed with Amtrak train P029
still in Rockville being examined.

No buses are available for MARC commuters as the Washington Metro is
using all availible buses to operate to and from Shady Grove.


What a nightmare. From what they were saying at the train stop this morning, people were on the train for hours and hours. Many took cabs to Shady Grove or rented cars to get home. All the trains into Frederick got there somewhere around 10pm finally.

The root cause seemed to be a gent who boarded the Amtrack at Union Station, then left the train with his knapsacks still on board (for whatever reason) and failed to get back on when it departed. Conductors were alerted to the abandoned bags, and chaos ensued. Since this was at Rockville station, both the MARC trains and Metro were stopped as the tracks are adjacent. Many of my coworkers were very late getting home... I'll have to update later if I see any actual news articles about this whole ordeal.

No comments: