2007-03-19

Venturing into Blackfathom Deeps

If you know nothing about WoW, or could really care less, then read no further. You'll be bored silly. Otherwise, let me regale you with my weekend exploit with my new Guild, The Lothlorien Knights on my server Ravencrest.

So my new alt, Nirvaena, is a Blood Elf Paladin. I've really been enjoying playing the Pally, and had gotten her up to 28 before the weekend. The big Paladin quest that we get at level 20 (The Path of the Adept) involves gathering materials for a kick-butt main weapon. I'd been putting it off, mainly because I've already got a very nice one, but also because three of the items require runs into instances, which are hard to solo.

Now I got the first item easily enough just while running another quest, and did a quick pick-up group for the first low-level instance (which I had tried to solo, an expensive mistake as I died several times) to get the second. The third item required an instance I'd never done before, Blackfathom Deeps, which takes a group of up to 5 people and levels 20-30.

The guild I had recently joined seems like a really good set of people, and it's pretty big too (little over 120 members, mostly mains with a few alts). So I got onto Guild chat and asked if anyone was bored and wanted to do a run through BFD. To my surprise I got two other Pallys (34, 21) and a Hunter (33) who immediately joined up and made their way to me.


Long story short, we had a blast. Beat up all the monsters, some of us died but having other Pallys around was nice for instant resurrection, and we didn't wipe once. Even after fighting Twilight Lord Kelris, and we figured out by accident that when you light the fires there the side doors open up a whole load of whoop-ass full creatures on your head. And when we fought the bloody Murlocs and accidentally pulled the entire room on us. Ouch. Still we managed to survive, and helped each other out. It was simply the best time I've ever had playing the game. And I dinged another level.

I can't wait till the next time I have several hours to sit down again and type into Guild chat: "So, who's up for Shadowfang Keep this time around?"




No comments: