2007-05-14

An Angry Horde of Girls, Spidey 3, and a Sandwich Ring

So Friday night was Katie's sleepover birthday party. Imagine if you will a dozen prepubescent girls, with several alphas present, all attempting to coexist in a single basement room. I think Katie had a good time (except for one girl who I think pressured her into being invited just so she could be the center of attention) but I was up till 4am Saturday morning making sure they all got to sleep. And the cleanup took quite awhile... scrubbing the floors and coffee tables of spilled ice cream and sodas, picking up the cases and cases of mostly full soda cans (take two sips, put it down, forget which one was yours and then open a new one... sigh...) - but it got done eventually. Then my in-laws came over, and I got to go see Spiderman 3 with my father-in-law. I swear, someone needs to take the Harlequin romance novels away from Sam Raini so he can learn to direct decent romances. The ending was a bit corny, though there were some excellent action scenes, and they did a good job showing Spidey's moral degeneration while wearing the new suit... The over-emotional scenes got a bit much tho, IMHO.

Sunday came, Mother's Day, and the gents and I collaborated on some platters from Sam's Club so the womenfolk could enjoy the day. After I made breakfast for all, and cleaned up the dishes, I headed out to Sam's and picked up a massive Sandwich Ring, a Croissant Sandwich Platter and a Shrimp Platter, as well as some veggies + dip, tea and soda, in time for the party at 2pm. Was nice getting all the family together at our place, even though many had to travel a bit to get there (well, my in-laws had been close by anyway due to Nick's family reunion in upper MD, and they usually have the furthest to travel).

So by the end of the day, the only time Donna had to spend in the kitchen was to take the pizza out of the oven that I'd stuck in for dinner and cut it. Not bad.

Plus, she really liked the diamond earrings I got her. :-)

And now... we return you to your regularly scheduled work week.

No comments: