2006-01-17

Proud and Morose All At Once

So last night, while at Claire's (not a place I normally frequent, but the girls had their gift cards to redeem) my 8-yr-old finally decides it's time to get her ears pierced. She has my wife's pain tolerance, and was vehemently opposed to getting them done, but now it would seem one of her friends had it done, and she said it was no big deal. Katie's at that "tween" age where she's more into Hillary Duff now than the Wiggles, and watches more Winx Club and Teen Titans than she does Sesame Street.

So it was with a good deal of pride (that she could overcome her fears, and take the responsibility to take care of her ears) and not just a little bit of moroseness (she's still my little girl) that I watched her have it done. She didn't squirm or cry out, just said "ouch", and had the other done without complaint. Very unlike her.

Maybe she is growing up after all. Pictures to follow, once I upload them from my cell phone camera.

No comments: