2006-01-17

Building a Linux Home Media Center

Another post from Slashdot, this one concerning my new favorite Linux distro and a pet project of mine that I still intend to see off the ground someday:
Tom Lynema assembles an Ubuntu-based Linux home media center. 'Like a lot of people nowadays, I have a growing collection of digital media. My digital media is stored on a home Linux server. Most of the digital media players available today do not support protocols to connect to a Linux server, which make them unsuitable for my use. I realized the best way to connect my digital media library with my home theatre was to build my own Linux home media center (LHMC).
On a side note, I just noticed that I cannot change the date or time anymore on my blog posts... that's mildly annoying, as I wanted to keep my post about Katie getting her ears pierced near the pics I intend to post up later on...

No comments: