2005-12-15

Aeon Flux

Off of Slashdot, the movie AeonFlux has been getting a mixture of reviews since its debut and most tend to be on the negative side. A review posted on BinaryIdiot goes a bit more in-depth than most reviews and gives the movie a fair shot. From the review:
First of all, I have to say that I'm disappointed, but not altogether surprised by the reviews I've seen thus far. Those who review films for a living are notoriously unreliable, and in many cases, they miss the whole point altogether. Rest assured, even though I'm as skeptical as they come, and can find a flaw in absolutely anything, I won't pick on this movie simply because the plot may be too hard for some people to understand.
I've been looking forward to seeing this movie, though most likely I'll be waiting for the video... Here's the bottom line from the review, which sounds promising:
All in all, if you are one of those who have an imagination that's functional enough to let you enjoy a movie as far-fetched and fantasy-esque as this one, you will probably be riveted. If you are more narrow-minded and get nauseous at the mere thought of something that's not 100% realistic (like many of those who have already reviewed this movie) then go do something useful, since you're probably beyond help and reading this review isn't going to accomplish anything for you. It's a movie and therefore has the right to -gasp- take place in the future, and -bigger gasp- have characters that don't look or act as if they just walked out of Starbuck's. This movie is a down and dirty sci-fi thriller with a deep and ever-expanding imagination and it never tried to sell itself as anything else.
So, anybody seen it yet? Ever heard of Aeon Flux? Do you even care? I swear, the number of comments on my blog, I could count on one hand... :-)

No comments: