2004-10-19

Rage Against the Machine : Why Voting Doesn't Work and What You Can Do About It.

From kuro5hin.org:
"I was sitting in a bar listening to the presidential 'debate', thinking the same thought I always do when listening to politicians. Why must I choose between two people that I don't like? Since I live in New York, where Democrats usually win the electorate, should I even bother voting? Are my votes even counted?
It's always easy to blame the current President for the nation's current problems, and I'll admit that I'm often tempted to blame Bush. But the reality is that he is not to blame. The blame can be placed squarely on us, the citizens, and on our unwillingness to reform an outdated voting system."
Very interesting editorial piece, worth a read. Especially for the list of links at the end, I'll list them here:

No comments: