2007-02-27

Weekend Roundup - A Tad Late

Meant to blog yesterday, but I got far too busy at work. My birthday was Saturday, and my wife took me off to a mystery location... which ended up to be Annapolis! We stayed at a bed & breakfast located in a row house above a deli called Chick & Ruth's - that was a fantastic experience, ate down there twice, kinda reminiscent of a New York deli, very tight spaces. Actually had the Annapolis mayor eating there while we were!

Saturday was a beautiful day for walking along Main Street in Annapolis and doing some shopping. Then we went to the second mystery of the weekend: Dinner at Medieval Times at Arundel Mills!

That was a very cool experience, actually much better than I anticipated. The choreography was nicely done, food was very tasty, and the hokiness kept down to a minimum. Plus, plenty of sharp & pointies abounded!! W00t!



We ended up driving back to Donna's parents, where we had deposited the children, during the surprise snowstorm. The drive back to Martinsburg was fairly uneventful tho.

All in all, I had a wonderful time, especially as I got to spend it alone with my wife. Now THAT'S a fantastic birthday present!

Speaking of phat lewt, er, birthday presents, my kids got me a new hoodie sweatshirt that says "meh" and a new bag for work (the very spiffy Bag of Holding). Donna got me a sweet new shirt that I'm wearing today, as well as an Office Space cubbie kit.

And still, the best birthday present of all was getting some quality time with my wife.

No comments: