2006-12-14

Quick Update

So yeah, been pretty busy since I started the new gig. Work has been very good, keeping fairly busy and most importantly, it's been rewarding while in the office and once I leave the office, I'm off the clock. What a novel feeling. I could definitely get used to this.

The commute is definitely a drag however. Bright spot is that I only drive for 15 minutes each way, and public transportation does the rest. Catching up on my reading and sleep along the way. Unfortunately, it's so daggone LONG!! An hour on the bus and an hour on the Metro, each way, minimum. I leave the house by 4:40am to get into work by 7am, and leave work by 4pm to get home by 6:45pm. Ugh. Starting January though I'm going to try and start taking the MARC train again. There's a stop right at Silver Spring Metro, right where I work, so that's nice. I can't swing the schedule from Martinsburg though (besides the fact there's no parking to be found, I wouldn't get home till 7:15pm at the earliest). So I think I'll be driving to Monacacy (45-min drive) and then taking the train from there. If I swing it right, and can catch the 4:03pm train out of Silver Spring, I could be home around 6pm. That would be a tremendous improvement, besides the fact that I wouldn't have to switch transports halfway, and I wouldn't have to wait out in bad weather (Monocacy has a covered platform, and I wouldn't be at the one at work very long prior to the train arriving).

So that's work. Home life, even busier, with all the school plays and recitals and the Nutcracker and such. Last performance of the season is tonight, at Carrie's school.

Then we get to really gear up for Christmas... be nice to have sort of an open house before the holidays but I don't see that happening with the time we have... Also it's really important that I get a weekend away with Donna. Time spent together lately is close to nil.

And there you have it. Bored ya to tears yet?

On the gaming horizon, we have the World of Warcraft expansion, Burning Crusade released mid-January, and the newest Command & Conquer is due out 1Q 2007 as well. W00t! I know what I'm spending my Christmas money on...

No comments: