2006-11-17

Good News

So I went on my first interview Wednesday, and by the end of the day had a verbal offer, which I negotiated up in salary yesterday enough that I'll be accepting it. It's a position with a contracting company, Keane Federal Systems, who are managing the AWIPS (Advanced Weather Processing Information System) for NOAA in Silver Spring. It's a bit of a hike, but I'll be able to take public transportation again like I did when I worked in Bethesda. And, there's no on-call or work outside business hours as it's mostly testbed support. Very similar to what I was doing at AOL, but much more on-hands like at NEGT. I get to play in a server room again, yay.... Forgot how much I missed the loud hum of multiple servers running...

And yes, I'm still in shock at the quick turnaround, I've never found a job that fast. Sheer luck and goodly amounts of blessing involved there.

No comments: