2004-12-20

Lifetimetv.com: Breast Cancer - Stop Drive-Through Mastectomies

This comes from the desk of my wife, Donna.
Hi everyone! Hope you are getting ready for Christmas and enjoying your time with your families. I just received this link below, and would appreciate it if everyone would take about 2 minutes- not much at all- and go the Lifetime website and sign this petition. It is to convince Congress that they need to pass a bill to stop the "drive-thru mastectomy". As some of you know, when I had my partial mastectomy, I had to come home the same day, with a drain tube sticking out of my side. I was in no way recovered, and yet my Mom, husband, and sister had to take care of me, measure and empty the drain tube for days, as well as try to remove my bandages from surgery- I had my breast partially removed as well as all the lymph nodes under my arm (two surgery spots) and my Mom had to clean the wounds and put new ones bandages me. This was horribly painful and very difficult to do in a home, when it could have all been done easily in a hospital by trained nurses. I don't like to dwell on things like this, but I would like to impress upon everyone that this was major, painful surgery, and mine was not as bad as some. They should make you stay in the hospital, and that's what this bill they're trying to pass would do. So please take a minute or two and sign your name to help stop what so many women, myself included have been through. We can'at stop the cancer-yet- but we can help make the removal safer and easier! I've got the link below to go right to the page you need. Thanks!

Please have a great holiday!
Love,
Donna

http://www.lifetimetv.com/reallife/bc/pledges/bc_mast_pledge.html

No comments: